Dr. Mariano Covarrubias is an expert surgeon with over 14 years experience in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Covarrubias has performed well over 3,000 bariatric procedures.
Name: Mariano Alberto Covarrubias Hidalgo
Phone number: 877-765-8446
- Professional Licence: 2342032
- Specialty Card: 4010195
- General Surgery at Tijuana General Hospital from 1995 to 1999
- Laparoscopic and obesity Surgery at Regional General Hospital of The Social Security Mexican Institute since January 2000 with Dr. Lopez Corvala.
- General Surgeon and Professor of Laparoscopic Surgery At the Regional General Hospital IMSS Tijuana
- Private practice
- President of the College of General Surgeons Tijuana, 2007
- Training as a teacher in courses of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity, 2004.
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity, 2002 a 2004.
- Professor at Xochicalcos University in 2000
- Certified by the Mexican Council Of General Surgery in 1999
- Specializing in General Surgery at the General Hospital of Tijuana, 1995 a 1999.
- Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Medical General at the UABC, 1988 a 1994.
- Laparoscopic Colon surgery in jun 2006
- Training as a Professor of Advanced Laparoscopic surgery from June 2004 to October 2005
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery from Jun 2002 to May 2004 (Spleen surgery, obesity surgery, hiatal hernia repair, inguinal hernia, solid organs)
- Gastric sleeve training since 2003
- Gastric band professor since 2001
- Adjustable Gastric banding System. Lap band System Workshop. May 2001
- Laparoscopic Gynecology training in 2000
- Robotic Surgery October 1999
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair in 1999