A new innovation in bariatric surgery is Sleeve Plication, also referred to as Gastric Imbricaition, Laparoscopic Greater Curvature Plication, or Gastric Sleeve Plication. Gastric Sleeve Plication is a less invasive alternative to traditional weight loss surgeries. Gastric Sleeve Plication achieves weight loss with no device implants, no adjustment needed, and results in fewer complications and risks.
How Gastric Sleeve Plication Works
Gastric Sleeve Plication reduces the size of the stomach through the use of non-absorbable surgical sutures. This means the reduction in the size of the stomach is achieved without removing stomach tissue and without foreign implants. What is more, is the Gastric Sleeve Plication works with no cutting involved and there are no leaks.
Advantages of Gastric Sleeve Plication
- Sleeve Plication is an ambulatory procedure, thus minimal hospital stay needed.
- Stomach is not reduced - the ‘sleeve’ is created by suturing rather than removal (preserving nutrient absorption capability).
- Less Intrusive: no devices, no staples, no bands, no fills, no adjustments.
- No complication from leaks or staple line bleeding (as compared to gastric sleeve).
- Procedure does not impair dietary habits.
- First available post-12 month procedure outcome data indicates weight loss outcomes comparable to gastric bypass (the ‘gold standard’ of weight loss surgery)
Gastric Sleeve Plication Costs
Costs for Gastric Sleeve Plication can average from $15,000 to $25,000. Since only a few bariatric physicians offer the procedure, it’s easy to see that our price of $4,600 beats the competition.